You may feel good about completing your 2013, 2014 or 2015 Taxes to the best of your ability, but nothing may compare to the satisfaction that can come from helping others do the same. You can make a big difference in the lives of the people in your community by volunteering with programs such as Tax Counseling for the Elderly and Volunteer Income Tax Assistance this tax season.
TurboTax 2015 is a wonderful tax preparation guide, but a lot of people may prefer or need additional assistance. Sponsoring organizations such as TCE and VITA encourage volunteers to join in and assist the elderly and individuals of all ages who may be looking for tax help. You can complete your training online or in a classroom, and tax sites have flexible hours for volunteers and individuals seeking help with their taxes. Here are some great reasons to get involved:
- No experience required since training is provided.
- No charge for training materials.
- Flexible hours.
- Numerous sites to volunteer.
- Support programs for military personnel.
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are making a genuine difference in the financial lives of others.
You can sign up at [email protected] by submitting Form 14310 (VITA/TCE Volunteer SignUP) by email and start giving back to your community today.